Ofsted Inspection 2015
Dear Parent / Carers,
As some of you are aware Greenshoots recently had its Early Years Ofsted inspection, please find attached a copy of our report. We are pleased to tell you that the quality and standards of our provision were judged as ‘Good’. There is a description of what it means to be ‘Good’ from the Ofsted Evaluation Schedule overleaf. We were judged as being ‘Good’ in all areas including how well we meet the needs of the range of children who attend, the contribution we make to the well-being of children and the effectiveness of the leadership and management of the setting. We are very proud of our achievements.
Summary of key findings for parents
This provision is good:
- The staff are well qualified and experienced in early education. They have a strong understanding of how children learn, which they use successfully to promote children’s development.
- Children achieve good communication and language skills because staff interact effectively with them during play.
- Children benefit from a rich learning environment with constant access to outdoor areas that encourage their exploration and physical skills.
- Partnerships with local schools are very effective. As a result, children become self- assured as they work towards their next steps in learning and moving on to school.
- Staff form good relationships with parents and provide consistent support for families, which has a positive effect on children’s well-being.
- The trustees, manager and staff work well together as a highly committed team. They continually strive to improve the service they provide. They use effective self-evaluation processes to make continuous improvements to the pre-school.
We would like to thank the parents for your continued support of Greenshoots. Plus a big thank you to those of you who spoke so highly of us during the inspection. Should you have any questions of queries about the inspection report please speak to Kerry.
The Greenshoots Preschool Team and Laira Green Trust